Solace Farm CSA Newsletter
April 15, 2019
We are busy rotavating and planting in the gardens and green house. Our first regularly scheduled pick up will be: Thursday, May 2nd from 12 noon to 5 pm at Solace Farm 30119 N. Spotted Rd; Deer Park WA.
This week, for those who have subscribed to a Full or Half Season, your extra share will be available at the Farm (see above address) for pick up on Thursday, April 18th from 12 noon to 5 pm. To go along with your Solace Farm Spiced Olive Oil and Eggs, I have included the following recipes:
Simple Quiche Serves 6
6 Solace Farm Eggs
1 medium onion
½ cup of chopped Solace Farm Bacon or Ham
1 cup of Cheddar Cheese
2 to 3 slices of whole grain bread (broken into pieces)
1 tablespoon butter
1. Brown bacon/ham in skillet with onion and butter.
2. Arrange bread pieces in the bottom of well-greased pie pan.
3. Beat eggs with a fork until foamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Spread browned meat and onions over the bread pieces. Pour the egg mixture over the meat and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 min or until a toothpick comes out clean when poked in the center.
Pasta Parmesan Serves 4
1 lb Spaghetti Noodles (Cooked)
¼ cup Solace Farm Herbed Oil
4 cloves Solace Farm Garlic (crushed)
1 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
1. Brown the garlic in the Herbed Oil while pasta is cooking to al dente .
2. Drain pasta then mix with garlic, oil and cheese. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic to taste.